Lunt 60mm Solar Telescope (LS60THa/B1200CPT)
- 60 mm f/8.3 dedicated h-alpha solar telescope.
- An internal etalon with the Lunt LS60THa pressure-tuned adjustment allows for a <0.70 Angstrom bandpass.
- B1200 blocking filter
- 2″ Crayford focuser (upgradeable to 2″ Starlight Instruments Feather Touch Focuser)
- Aluminium case
- Televue Sol Searcher (OPTIONAL ACCESSORY)
- Lunt Zoom Eyepiece (OPTIONAL ACCESSORY)
SPECIAL ORDER – CONTACT STORE FOR PRICE AND ETA
Images taken through a Lunt LS60THa pressure tuned solar telescope
The excitement of viewing our Star through a dedicated solar telescope is sure to provide many many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights. This package is fully upgradeable at any time without ever having to go back to the factory. As the Sun becomes increasingly more active, you will appreciate that the instrument can grow right along with it.
The Lunt LS60THa Pressure Tuned Solar Telescope, provides the basic essentials perfect for a first-time introduction to solar observing, while also including the newest technology for fine-tuning, allowing basic research of the Sun’s disk and some surface details.
Lunt LS60THa Pressure Tuned
True Doppler Tuning (Pressure Tuning) allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D-like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
LS60THa/PT Package Features:
- Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha (656.28 nm) Dedicated System.
- A refractor-based system with a 60 mm front objective.
- An internal Etalon with a pressure tuner allows for <0.70 Angstrom bandpass, providing a perfect blend of edge and surface detail.
- The system includes the clamshell with threaded holes for mounting, dust caps, and is delivered in an Aluminum re-enforced case.
Specifications: (single stacked)
- Type: Single Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Aperture: 60 mm
- Focal Length: 500 mm
- F Ratio: F8.3
- Bandpass: <0.70 Angstroms @ 656 nm
- Focuser: 2″ Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment
- Blocking Filter: B1200 Diagonal
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 8.8 lb (4 kg)