Sky-Watcher Stargate 18″ Dobsonian
- Fused conical primary mirror
- Cellular secondary mirror
- Dual speed 2” Crayford focuser
- Two section truss poles (compact transport)
- Minimalist, all metal construction
- Fast f/4.1 optics for short eyepiece heights
- 18” provides 27% more light than a 16” telescope
- 94% reflectivity coatings
Our superior optics just got better
Stargate’s feature Sky-Watcher’s exclusive fused conical parabolic mirrors. The fused design allows for thinner mirror construction that provides faster cooling and lighter weight.
Combined with the cast cellular secondary mirror and Sky-Watcher’s exclusive 94% reflectivity coatings, Stargate delivers bright, detailed views of your favorite deep sky objects. The 18 inch model captures 27% more light than our 16 inch, while the 20 inch (a full half meter of aperture) boasts a monster 56% more light gathering power.
Solid foundations, easy assembly
The minimalist all-metal structure of the Stargate produces a sturdy and stable platform while maintaining a convenient and compact footprint. The truss-tubes break down to a very manageable 36 inch length for easy transport. Azimuth and altitude bearings are steel and Teflon for smooth, steady movement.
Setting up a Stargate is a simple procedure, taking only about 20 minutes. Spring loaded truss anchor points are clearly labeled to eliminate any frustration or confusion. Adjustable feet make leveling a snap.
- Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture: 458 mm (18”)
- Focal Length: 1900 mm (74.8 in)
- Focal Ratio: f4
- Central Obstruction: 120 mm, 26%
- High quality/precision parabolic mirror
- Low-expansion borosilicate glass for both primary mirror & secondary mirror
- Lowest Useful magnification 65x
- 0.25-arc second resolving power (Dawes) and 0.28 arc seconds resolving power (Rayleigh) & 16 stellar magnitude
- Portable, quick-assemble truss structure
- Fully Illuminated Field: 44 mm
- Finder Scope 8×50 finder scope
- Eye Piece LET 2″-28; SPL10